ELECINF344/381

Partie interactive du site pédagogique ELECINF344/ELECINF381 de Télécom ParisTech (occurrence 2011).

Catégories

RoseWheel : CAN & Kalman

Today, we finished and/or improved some of the micro tasks we assigned to each other at the beginning of this week.

We tested a lighter version of the Kalman Filter that will be used in RoseWheel on the testbench we made a few weeks earlier. We used a light version because the full one needed to know the state equations of the system to be accurate. As we didn’t want to loose time trying to find out the state equations of the testbench (even if they are really similar to the ones of RoseWheel), we decided to test a version that was only able to track the drift of the gyroscope and make some minor corrections on the signal from the accelerometer during x axis translation. The light Kalman filter worked well and did what we expected, he tracked the drift and thus corrected the gyroscope noise and also filtered the signal from the accelerometer thanks to the sensor fusion.

During the experiments, we could observe that the noise from both the accelerometer and the gyroscope weren’t as high as we expected, that is a good news. However, even if the drift problem is correct by the Kalman filter, the measurements from the accelerometer are still not accurate during movements because of the noise induced by the other accelerations components. These other acceleration components are only dependents on the angle and its derivatives. We thought of a way to subtract those noisy components at each step by using the estimation of this values at the previous step. We will test it tomorrow on the testbench if we have time to do it.

We also finished the implementation of the CAN drivers and we tested it on our laboratory boards as we didn’t receive yet our mainboard. The tests were satisfaying. But as at the time we performed the tests we hadn’t decided yet the final version of the CAN protocol we were going to use for the communication between our 3 board (mainboard, sensorboard, HI board ), we didn’t use any filters. Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to test the CAN protocol as we will receive our mainboard.

 

Sur le même sujet :

  1. RoseWheel : développement carte capteurs
  2. RoseWheel : accelerometer done and progress update
  3. RoseWheel : à pleine vitesse
  4. RoseWheel : banc de tests et filtre de Kalman
  5. [RoseWheel] Implémentation du filtre de Kalman

Commentaires fermés.