we have started today making some tests on the DCC part. As we have seen the good results with the oscilloscope, we moved to testing on a rail part by placing the train and sending the DCC commands through the rails. In fact we could command our train in both directions in different speeds.
Then, we started to implement a small module that takes Ethernet commands following a simple protocol. This module is translating the Ethernet commands to appropriate DCC and CAN commands in order to command different parts of our train model.
In parallel we still test the stability of our CAN module. Despite the good results there are very rare cases where our cards become unstable. We are making some modifications and we are going tomorrow to test on multiple light cards.
Our next PSSC is the initialization of Ethernet (what is already done) and control of our circuit from an extern program.
Sur le même sujet :