After a long night of debugging, we finally managed to make the bluetooth working. We are now able to send instruction and receive information from RoseWheel through the bluetooth interface using minicom on a laptop. We are also able to pair with an Android smartphone but we haven’t been able to verify the data transmission yet. We are still working on the Android application, but hopefully tomorrow we will be able to start our first tests of wireless communication with RoseWheel.
We also tested the range of the Bluetooth with the transmitter inside the chassis and we received the signal from a distance of approximately 10 meters with two walls in between.
We started the implementation of the human-interface board. We have found a big LCD driven by the same controller as the one of our laboratory boards. We plan to use it to display information to the user directly on the handlebars, such as the engine power, battery level and the current angle measured by the sensors. As we are going to place the LCD vertically we had to rewrite a new set of characters made to be displayed in this orientation.
Sur le même sujet :