This morning our armadeus board seemed not to want to work properly. We must repare it or use another one.
We did our first real tests with the DMX yesterday. We are now able to control a light with our DMX board. The information sent to the light can be modified by ZigBee. The ZigBee signal will be generated by a daemon on the armadeus which will listen to requests sent through 0MQ. These features are written but we need to get our armadeus back before performing full tests.
Next step is to use data from the database to select which parameters must be send to the light depending on the tweet we want to display.
Displaying tweets on the laser
Yesterday, we finally displayed a tweet retreived in the database on the laser, with a smooth scroll.
The main daemon, in C, starts by querying the oldest validated tweet in the database, then sends the string to a program that converts it to ILDA frames representing the animation of the scrolling text. As this processing is a bit too heavy to be efficiently done on the board, we decided to offload it on Google AppEngine, which offers great performances ! Whenever we do not have access to AppEngine, the processing is done on the board, but it is really slower. A cache mecanism is being implemented. If you want to use this service, you can find a documentation at irlrose2011.appspot.com. For the moment, it is protected by a password because we need to keep the bandwith and CPU time for our own tests.
Then, the result (a series of ilda points) is sent back to the main daemon through a socket, that tranforms these ILDA points in points that will be displayed on the laser, and passes it through a 0MQ socket to the process handling the laser queue.
Sur le même sujet :