ILDA and Web app
Since the last post we did a lot of tests in real situation, namely with several programs running on the board. We deemed that the operation to translate a text to an ILDA animation tends to be far too slow that’s why we decided to rely on a web app based on the google appengine api for Python. Yesterday, we turned words into action and started to create the web app and a proxy in the card to query the webapp or in case of a failure, redirect request to the embedded slow instance of the program. We did deploy the web app on appspot.com and our first tests tend to confirm that the service is accelerated by a factor of 30 to 60 depending on the load of the board. We did realize a website to present our restfull API to that webapp and we will put it online as soon as possible.
As far as website are concerned, we want to introduce our brand new website. Feel free to comment or share any kind of feedback.
We hunted some bugs in our code and yet it works better and we don’t intend to make any kind of fix on it till the presentation.
DMX and additional board
We have contacted TSM and we will be able to try our code with real equipments.
We can communicate with our additional board via Zigbee. We have now to connect this feature with the other parts of the project with 0MQ.
Our software fifo works, we are putting all the pieces together to make our « driver/conductor/leader » module which will manage all the features of the project.
Today we’ll stick the pieces, it’s a milestone !