Today, we received our 7 sensors card (which will track the position of the train and feed it to the central station), thanks to alexis who worked until very late in the night for soldering all the cards. So we wrote the code for the Sensor card which has a « producer » module who generates events on the CAN bus to indicate a sensor activity.
Also, Siwar is trying to do the communication protocol between ethernet and the server (setup by Samuel which controls the rail layout).
On the stabilisation of CAN, we are now filtering out events in CAN RX Queue 1(STM32 micro controller has 2 FIFIOs) and have left messages for network management on queue 0. This is done to avoid over-utilisation of queues due to either type of messages. Here is brief video of our project.
we have started today making some tests on the DCC part. As we have seen the good results with the oscilloscope, we moved to testing on a rail part by placing the train and sending the DCC commands through the rails. In fact we could command our train in both directions in different speeds.
Then, we started to implement a small module that takes Ethernet commands following a simple protocol. This module is translating the Ethernet commands to appropriate DCC and CAN commands in order to command different parts of our train model.
In parallel we still test the stability of our CAN module. Despite the good results there are very rare cases where our cards become unstable. We are making some modifications and we are going tomorrow to test on multiple light cards.
Our next PSSC is the initialization of Ethernet (what is already done) and control of our circuit from an extern program.