Today we have faced numerous problems. The ethernet module causes a crash in our central station and we still haven’t figured out the solution. We also tried to connect all card’s (6 captor-6 traffic lights cards) to our main station and they failed to join our the network. As Alexis consulted us to do, we lowered the baud rate of the CAN bus so that problem is solved. All cards join the network and CAN baud rate now is configured at 125kbp/s.
Regarding the communication of the server with the train we were able to track the position of the train and send it to the server. Our goal now is to remotely control lights and train, and we are working on it.
After stabilizing the NMRAnet CAN bus , at least to what concerns the traffic lights, we connected all the traffic lights of the circuit to the cards and verified that indeed this part of the project has been finalized. 6 traffic light cards successfully respond to the assigned by the central station events, and glow led’s accordingly. Now what remains, concerning this part of the project is, their mechanical placement and installment.
Currently we are focusing mainly on the development of the sensor cards and we hope that won’t take much time. We got our first interrupts from the train passing over the reed sensors. Hopefully by the end of the week end we will be able to wrap everything up and start communicating with Samuel’s application.
Here comes a video of Siwar explaining our work up to this moment.