First of all, I would like to apologize for not having given you news about Ball-E for such a long time.
Let me make a short summary of where we are now.
Before the Athens week, we decided several components of our robot and we received most of them. Actually, we have our 3 stepping motors (Trinamics QSH5718), our two-rows 4″ omniwheels (Kornylak). With Pierre-Hugues, we made the pin assignment of our STM32405RG-based card and finished the schematic of our PCB. Routing will be done as soon as Alexis will have corrected our schematic. Scott and Otilia are working hard in order to implement a Kalman filter and to understand a huge part of the mechanics.
Alexis lent us a card with an accelerometer, a gyroscope and a magnetometer so that Otilia and Scott can test their Kalman filter. Pierre-Hugues is going to code tomorrow a bootloader which will make the card dump the values of the sensors through the usb port.
My objective of tomorrow is to build the whole robot so that it will be ready for real tests when we will receive the PCB.
Possibly related posts: