We have had a bitter surprise today: we just realized that with our nRFL2401+, the only information about received power reduction we can get is whether we are over or under -64dBm, while we planned on using a precise value of attenuation to get the distance between two modules. It means that we will eventually have to rely on our good old XBee Pro. Now that we know (almost) all the components we will need, we are currently designing our PCB. We must focus too on a way get more precise results with our XBee (our resolution right now is still far too bad).
We are a bit disappointed to have to give up on our nRF24L01+ (we had quite a good time welding it to our cards, and we have spent a few days trying to use it) but at least now we have an actual basis to work on.
Possibly related posts: