Last friday, we had the communication challenge which put an interesting end to the STM32 practical work (but we know that more should come soon ^^).
The Hexapod team pointed out an interesting software named V-Rep, so I took a look and it seems a bit complicated to simulate a ballbot with it. Therefore I tried to use robotSim and robotBuilder from Cogmation but the program wouldn’t stop crashing on my computer…
As we had found some Matlab simulation code from the existing ballbot project (such as Rezero), I thought the best solution should be to use Matlab and Simulink which seems to be really powerful. My goal for the next few days is to learn how to use it and try to make simulations with (as soon as we’ve finished some mechanical calculation with Pierre-Hugues).
We also made a kind of summary of our meeting with Alexis an Samuel on our Ball-E Google group in order to settle a better communication inside the team.
I hope that next post will come with complicated calculations and some screenshot of our work !