Today, we had a hard day.and many problems to communicate on the CAN bus.
- First problem, the configuration of CAN bus. There are many timing configurations. Particularly for the synchronisation of each node on a frame. So we decided to use the nmra standard at 125 Kbits/s. It’s relatively slow but we had many difficulties to go faster.
- Then, we tested the bootloader to send many frames and we were able to flash the first boards but the others were too far on the bus and they didn’t receive any frame. During the afternoon, we realized that last boards were not enough electrically supplied. Indeed, at the end of the bus we had only 2.4V. Therefore, we increased the voltage supply and we were able to flash all the boards with the bootloader.
- After that, we fixed some bugs in the lights, sensors and bootloader’s firmware. Now, we can flash the firmware of each board with the bootloader by the CAN bus and we can control the lights and listen to sensors through the bus.
- To finish, we rewired the CAN bus and we put the railroad on the table.
just some pictures of ligths for fun
Tomorrow, we will work on the station and we will probably test the controller.