This last week has been really eventful and I didn’t took the time to post on the logbook. On friday, we had the communication challenge. I prepared for it by working on my lab work during the week. Unfortunately, it didn’t go as well as I expected.
At the beginning of the week, I spent some time with Felix to choose the components we are going to use on our balloons, the motors for example.
We started by looking at brushless motors. Brushless motors are quite interesting because of their low weight and high efficiency compared to brushed motors. We talked about this possibility to our teachers but they told us that brushless motors have a minimal rotation speed. This could be killer for us as we need to be able to control the speed of the motors precisely.
Another solution would be to use sensored brushless motors (as opposed to the sensorless motors we found), but we didn’t find any interesting motors.
That’s why we are going to use brushed motors. We are currently discussing about which motors and H bridges to buy.
This week is Athens week and I will have a lot of time to work on LEDzep as I’m staying in Paris. More coming soon!