Categories

Plume – The receiver PCB is about to be printed !

Finally !

After placing, routing, finding errors, fixing them, finding other ones, fixing them as well, and other last minute changes…, we finally finished designing our PCB. With Guénolé, we spent the whole week working on it so we are happy to have finished it ! You can admire the layout in the pictures below 😉

PCB layout, top traces are in blue, bottom ones in red

PCB layout, top traces are in blue, bottom ones in red

Top layer components

Top layer components

Bottom layer components

Bottom layer components

Aside from that, I also worked on the software architecture to update it and make it work with the new hardware architecture we chose.

After talking with the teachers, we have decided to eliminate the various symmetry problems we had by studying the phase of the signals we sense. By doing this, we can measure the three magnetic fields exactly instead of having 8 possibilities on each measure (±Bx,±By,±Bz). And there is only one symmetry left that we won’t be able to suppress : the three magnetic fields have a central symmetry so they are exactly the same in (x, y, z) and in (-x, -y, -z). Therefore, with this new method, I need to change the software architecture to have a good phase detection, and I think I found a good way of doing it !

And by the way, if you have nothing to do tonight at 9:30, you can come to my improvisation show : http://www.billetreduc.com/105084/evt.htm !

See you next time !

Commentaires fermés.