Categories

RoseOnRails – Almost there

Hi everyone !

On Wenesday morning, I supplement our database with the data I needed in order to update the current position (because we don’t detect an absolute position when we are on a magnet). I’ve also implemented the function in order to update the position, another one to propose to the gamer to change the turnout as he wants when he is near enough of the turnout taking into account the other turnouts after this one. In the middle of the afternoon, we asked Sam some advice about how the previous group who were working on the train were doing. He gives us precious advice which are going to make our work easier. Unfortunately, most of this means erasing all my code but it will probably lead to a better implementation, easier to code and easier to understand. During, the afternoon Alexis with Noémie and Valeh help soldered two of our locomotive PCBs while I was updating (more exactly downgrading our SDK and softdevice) in order they fit the nrf51822 version we have. He takes some times (I’d better working local rather than on the NFS) and Valeh continued this adaptation with me.

On Thursday, morning I finished the adaptation of our old code concerning the use of the uart for our led PCBs and the one for the test turnout. Then, I soldered the wire on our second locmotive PCB. I tested the PWM in order to power the motor with the program Valeh made worked on the first PCB. In the beginning of the afternoon, I wanted to communicate through BLE in order to be able to change his speed. Unfortunately, this PCB wasn’t advertising at all. We made some tests and conclude there should be a soldering problem on it. Noémie has probably identified it yesterday and we’re going to talk about it with Alexis. During, the afternoon we wanted to run our locomotive on the track. But we had shorting (rails are powered with 22V) and we had to postpone it to another day. A bit depressed, I started soldering the ledstrip we had left (we hadn’t wired the strip through the turnouts.

On Friday morning I continued, to solder and we started with Valeh to test these very long led strip. There were bad wiring problems in the output of our spi and transistor. Quentin gives us useful advice to test more properly. Then, Alexis helped us to make our spi output very clean on our new led pcb. There were a lot of problems during the afternoon we tried to solve. I did not see the time passing.. I’ve tried to make most of our soldering stronger and cleaner.

Before leaving yesterday night, we noticed there were a problem with data output of our second spi. This morning, Valeh measured this output with the oscilloscop this morning and doesn’t see any data. Now we’re going to investigate this problem I continue to correct the solderings which broked and those which aren’t clean. In this beginning of afternoon, we’re going to stick our ledstrip under our rails in order they don’t move anymore.

Commentaires fermés.