Categories

RoseOnRails – a lot of things

Hey.

These last days have been difficult and full of work! Since this weekend we have been fully “immersed” in the Python code for the intelligence part of the game on the one hand, and the communication part on the other.

First of all, for what regards the positioning mechanism, as Yan explained, we won’t use any absolute positioning simply because we don’t need it 🙂 Instead, we’ll use magnets that, when detected (by the two latches one in the front and another at the rear of the train), let us update the “position” to “position + 1”, roughly. In other words, it’s no more a matter of detecting the position of the train at all time but rather keep track of its position and time t relative to where it was at time t-1. Fortunately, this conclusion that we have made after discussion with Alexis&Sam has considerably facilitated our task for what regards the positioning mechanism.

The other question was the intelligence architecture which we discussed about with Sam. Yann and Noémie have started coding it, but there are regulary questions that are raised… Today, we’ll continue working on it again and I hope we’ll be able to have a first “draft” done by tonight.

On my part, I dealt with the communication part. Below is a diagram of how I have so far structured the code:

comm3

RoseOnRails – Communication scheme

So far, I can manage to have the different threads work as expected, however as long as the interface with the intelligence part is not made.. well it’s pretty useles! Today , I’ll complete the code to put in place the interface with the intelligence module so that we can make some tests.

For what regards the PCBs, due to a “small” hardware problem with the boards, Alexis&Sam spent a lot of time yesterday to solve it on the already soldered PCBs (namely those of the DropsNRoses). Fortunately, it’s now solved and we shall have ours soon. Then we can flash the tests and check that everything works (yes, we believe it will 🙂 !)

Another task we have to do before testing the BLE code is to make our code compatible with the correct SDK version (which is different from the one we have used for our code flashed on the Evaluation Kit so far). I’ll talk about later when we’ll have done it… which means very soon!

See you guys