Sunday, day of the lord Voldemort

This pun is way too easy and I am already wasting it, not even a week after we started to work on Expelliarose… Hopefully you’ll forget that and we’ll be able to use it again later.

Today, we worked on our PCB, getting some inspiration from the LEDZep project and mostly from obscure datasheets. The BLE module, IMU, power modules, IR emitters/receiver, are all set, but we still need to route some pins from the STM32-F427, and wait for a few components to be added in Expedition PCB.

Speaking of components, we now have picked them all, completing our first two PSSC. We decided to go with an other IR receiver, high power LED, and touch controller, following Alexis’s advices. We’ll be using the remaining LEDs of the StabiloRose project, slightly more dense than the ones we were supposed to use, yet their protocol seems equally dirty. We’ll also have to make sure we’re not turning them on all at the same time to be gentle with our battery 🙂

Our workflow is getting better and we’re learning the hard way how to make sense of huge specifications. Since we’re going to make an expansive circuit board, we’re reading them over and over again to make sure we’re not going to miss the ideal pin for our usage. We don’t have much of a method to make routing choices, but that’s how we build experience!
We are also computing capacitors and adding all the fuzzy details around our main components, and we are definitely feeling like doing some voodoo. At least this is in the theme.

We’ll finish that tomorrow if the owls of the circuit boards lead us in the right path!

Commentaires fermés.