Hi everyone !
I realize it’s been far too much time since I last posted. Sorry about that.
But I’ll try to make up for it by posting all the dumbest things I did during the challenge and the “TP” itself, hoping it might help someone.
- First, don’t forget to plug in your ethernet cable. Might really get things going.
- Put your main to sleep when you’re done with it, an infinite loop will block low-priority threads.
- In a HTTP request, the “/” actually means root, it isn’t a common separator.
- When GDB says “backtrace corrupted”, it’s likely a stack overflow, so remove that array from your automatic memory.
- In fact don’t put anything or the stack (or on the heap for that matter).
- By the way, if a thread makes a stack overflow, the others can (and will!) be affected. Given that, the most insignificant operation may lead to erratic behavior.
- KISS, or Keep It Simple, Stupid ! It’s better to have multiple modules that do one thing and do it right, than a gigantic module of gibberish.
- Parsing strings in C ain’t easy. Better focus and take time to have a robust code than rewrite it every bloody minute.
This list could easily be broaden, but I think that’ll do for now. I just hope I’ll learn how to C by the end of ROSE ! :/