[StabiloRose] gotta go fast !

Today, we did some pretty good optimization on the critical path of the application : applying rotations and computing distances. We went from ~24ms per frame to ~1.5ms per frame, using precomputed tables to compute arccos and the famous fast inverse square root from quake III.

Since our IMU only gives position at a 100Hz rate, we can’t really improve much on the stability now, except with some kind of inertia-compensating algorithm using the gyrometer, which we probably can’t do in the alloted time, but it already looks pretty good now ! (sorry, I don’t have a video)

 

Anatole Denis

Commentaires fermés.