[StabiloRose] Code revision and rebuild

Today I had a code revision from one of my team members. We also had a brainstorm of how we should implement a better message exchange in the module i’m working with (Wifi) again. So coding day (or night…).

Tip of the day: draw your code to better understand it, is a very good idea.

That’s it for today.

[StabiloRose] The winter is comming

So as usual, today each one of my team worked basically improving their codes. We also decided the “definitive” organisation off leds that we’ll use in the sphere.

One of my team members helped me with some problems at git and now i’m improving some functions of the already written code.

The next week will be really more difficult compared to that one, we are reaching the deadline! We hope finding a way to digitally represent the leds at the surface after this weekend as well.

That’s it!

[StabiloRose] Assembly and Wifi improvements

Today I tested and modified some functions that I had wrote yesterday for the Wifi module. Basicaly, as we were not needing to store Wifi information, we were printing it directly to the shell. Now we have a working mailbox that will be usefull for next week PSSCs and future implementations.

Also, we had started to effectively think and experiment the assembly of the sphere. We fixed the 3d printed parts with glue and cut useless parts from the external sphere. We also tried  to fix the leds at the surface of the internal ball witch made us think that the best solution for the fixation of the led strips will be the idea of concentric circles (our led strips are not flexible enough for the orange skin approach) .

That’s it for today.

[StabiloRose] Some more modules are alive

Last Friday and Saturday (03/03 – 04/03) I worked at the Wifi module establishing the serial communication and doing tests. Clement helped me when we where blocked at a reception error. I also took a look yesterday at the buzzer branch, witch is now making the buzzer sound and waiting for little modifications for the next week PSSC´s.

Tip for future rosers: Always initiate to code your functions from a well written “init” functions. Problems like software reset (that was our case) can be easily avoided, saving many hours of work.

As our project don’t have many isolated modules, we delegated (for the moment) each part to someone (ledstrip, imu, wifi etc).

“Human Courses” took half of my last week and last night but now I’ll be trying to work at the improvement of wifi code (implementation of mailbox etc) or helping Yves at the IMU code (since we have loads of PSSCs linked to that one)

That´s it.

And Tip number 2: Always doubt cables and jumpers!