[StabiloRose] Lastday, let the bug hunt beggin

So today I started my activities by mounting a “ppt” presentation for tomorrow. I passed some time after that helping at the implementation of some animations and stuff. The real problem that made me going bed at this hour was a led problem. Fortunately or not we discovered that for mystery reasons (probably a curt circuit somewhere) the first 6 leds of our top semi-sphere were burned. So back to soldering. Thanks for the higher forces now everything is ok.

That is it.

[StabiloRose] We have a shape here!

Finally, after a long soldering day we can say that our project has a face! It makes me really happy to finally have something quite pretty in hands to work with. The next step for tomorrow is to program some animations, and try to implement the ideas that we already had for mapping the leds electronically. Here is a video of the internal sphere turning a led test:

That’s it =D


[HeRos]PCB are soldered


Today, I have helped Alexis to solder the components on the board.I have learned two things. The first one is what you have to do for the soldering preparation, it was my job as an assistant. I had have to look among all the bags and drawers to find the right component. Next, with a pliers, I took the component and Alexis should just focus on the solder. The second things is how to solder. The first step is to put soldering on a pin, next take the component with a pilers and solder it on the pin. Now, the component is placed, you can solder the rest of the pins. I try myself on the JTAG connector for two PCBs. On the first one, I have put a little bit too much soldering but the second one was good (I believe^^)!

HeRos Solder


We started with the power supply and with came the first problem. We have chosen a LT1765 and there are many versions of it. One with eight pins and an other with 16 pins. With 16 pins, you can choose between an integrated divider bridge (many voltages available) or ,like the eight pins, a free one. Bad luck, we bought eight pins but we followed the diagram for the version with a 3.3V divider bridge included. As a consequence, we had to add two resistors as a patch. Alexis soldered it “on the air” and after it was working very good.

Components with very thin pins or/and with a lot of pins (e.g. Wifi chip or uP) are very long and difficult to solder. During, the operation we have got trouble with one uP. Some pins were not good soldered. Consequently we can’t use the quartz and an IR receiver. Anyway, we will keep that board to use it as a test board or to do some fantasy. (programming of course :))

Some components will arrive this week, there are IR emitters and the laser. Tomorrow, we will choose how we place the camera. We can choose between horizontal and vertical.

At school, the new union student applicant are elected at the end of the week. Thus, we will have a lot of animations and food in the school. This sounds good!