During the last three days, I focused on the server. Indeed, I want it to be ready (or at least functional) before we receive our PCB (which should occur next week). I found it not so easy as I didn’t know anything about web development. But it’s interesting.
For user authentication, we use the user’s Google account. To manage the OAuth2 process, I chose to use the Velruse library. But I had a problem: when the user was already logged to a Google account, the account selection page didn’t appear thus not allowing him/her to choose another account… Samuel found that it was possible to add a parameter in the request to force this display of this page, but the Velruse library doesn’t provide the opportunity to add extra parameters. So, again with Samuel’s help, I patched the library in order to add this ‘prompt’ parameter. As this patch hasn’t been applied to the whole library and doesn’t provide a way to change the value of this parameter, I didn’t release it publicly. Maybe I will do it later.
I also spent some time to create the pages that allow the user to create an account and to manage his/her flower.
The appearance of the website is horrible, I know, so it will probably be necessary to improve it at least a little, to make it more appealing.
During the next few days, I will work on connecting the WiFi module with the websockets in order to have a bi-directional communication between the flower and the server. And I will continue to work on the server to improve it and to add new functionalities.