Categories

Makahiya – integration, debug & tests

Hi everybody,

The last 4 days have been dedicated to integrate all the components of our project, bind them together and make the final corrections.

I’ve soldered several leds and with Tanguy, we made some tests with the leds container I had printed. The leds are really powerful, so powerful in fact that they heat too much and destroy themselves if we don’t put a heatsink. I’ve tried to add a small one, which improved a bit the dissipation, but a bigger is likely to be required if the leds stays turned on for more than a few seconds.

Yesterday, I’ve also added the mechanism that allows the user to program the reaction of the plant when he/she touches one of the leaves. It’s possible to control the leds, the servos and the alarm ring tone and to add loops combining all these elements.

Now, all the features that we wanted to have in our project seem to work, even though the touch detection doesn’t work as well as expected.

Next week, we will finalize the mechanical pieces, equip a plant with all our stuff and prepare Friday’s presentation.

Leave a Reply