Categories

SKATEway, week 1

Hi,

This first week of ROSE has been quite a busy one, albeit not nearly productive enough. With my partner in crime, Charles, we defined our project: the SKATEway. It is basically an electrical skateboard designed for an urban area, such as Paris. Imagine Segway making a longboard. Finding a shape that would be easy enough to make was quite a challenge, and we clearly struggled with it. So much so that the presentation we gave in front of the class and Alexis and Sam was a rather painful experience. However, it is said that we learn from our mistakes, and we sure did. Thanks to our teachers help, we were able to get an idea which we refined during the week-end, and now, we do have our specs for the project:

  • Dimensions: 23 x 68 cm (depth will be determined by the engines and batteries)
  • Wheels’ diameter: 21 cm
  • Batteries: 2 x 48V LiFePo
  • Engines: 2 x 350W
  • Weight: < 15 kg
  • Speed: > 17 km/h (we would like to reach 25 km/h at least)
  • Slope: 20-30% (depending on the size of the batteries)
  • Autonomy: ~1 h

Thanks to those specs, we were able to define our PSSCs (Project Specific Success Criteria), which will guide our entire work for the semester.

I’m really excited by this project and will keep this logbook updated with our future advancements.

Alban

ps: here is a modest 3D model of our project.

rose_1v1

Leave a Reply