Categories

Makahiya – sound, server and PCB

Hi everybody,

I didn’t do a lot of things on the project since last Wednesday.
Nonetheless, I managed to make the sotware audio codec work!!! Now, I’m able to stream whatever mp3 file on the serial link, decode it on the micro-processor, send it to the codec and hear it in my earphones. I don’t really know what were the errors in my previous code, but now it works and it’s the most important. We have our first completely finished driver, and that’s a good thing as it doesn’t remain a lot of time before the final deadline.

I also had a look to the server. I managed to deploy the database on heroku (a PostgreSQL database was required), but it has a very strange behaviour: if you read it several times, you don’t always have the same result, and the result also depends on the device you use to access the website. So it’ll be necessary to have a look to it. I also read some documentation about Pyramid to really know how it works (I hate doing something without knowing what I do). Finally, I spent some time looking for a way to add security to our server (authentication and authorization). I found one library that allow the users to log in with their Google account, but it doesn’t work with Python 3.x (only Python 2.x). So I’ll continue to look for a better solution.

And our PCB will be sent to the factory tomorrow evening. We must receive them 6 working days later, which is a good news as it will allow us to work on it during the Christmas holidays.

During next week, I will focus my efforts on the server, in order to have it finished when we receive the PCB.

Leave a Reply