Since last Sunday, I worked on the PCB and on the server. First, on the PCB, I did a complete check of both the schematic and the routing, to find the remaining errors. Alexis also did it on his side, and we both found errors. After having corrected them, I gave my approval to send the PCB to the factory, and so did Tanguy. We should have received them in 8 working days. But as we don’t really need them during Christmas holidays, a longer delay is possible (which is good as it reduces the cost). So our PCBs have still not been sent. But we received 2 evaluation boards for the Wi-Fi module. Thanks to them, we’ll have the opportunity to develop the driver to control the Wi-Fi connection with ChibiOS. Alexis will also solder an evaluation board for the Bluetooth module, so that we can also work on it during the holidays.
After having finished my work on the PCB, I spent several hours on the server. I faced many problems with
git subrepo, and thanks to Perceval help, I manage to get rid of it. So now, it’s much easier to work with Heroku. I’ve added authentication to our server and I tried to add links between the tables in our database. But I faced several problems, some due to the facts that I didn’t wrote all the code (Tanguy is also working on the server) and that I assumed things that happened to be different (for instance, we use a Postgre database on Heroku but a SQLite one for Continuous Integration because Tanguy has the impression that it’s not possible to install a Postgre database in the test environment).
As working on almost the same thing at the same time seems to be a rather bad solution, I will probably start to work on the Wi-Fi module and let Tanguy continue his work on the server. So by the end of the week, I will learn how ZentriOS works and start to write the driver that will control the Wi-Fi module.