Categories

BreathUp week 13!

Hallo !

During the end of the week, I keep working on the SD card driver. It still doesn’t work but I made some progress! In fact, my sd card is recognized as an MMC one so that, the connection isn’t possible. I do not know why I have this behaviour… During a long time, I thought it was because of my SDIO initialisation but after checking it like 10 times, I’m quite convinced it’s right.

Afterwards, we met other problems with our PCB indeed, when we tried to flash for the first time our board, the outer oscillator didn’t start up… which is really problematical because without it we can’t use our usb to debug… But we will try to find another way !

Finally, on Friday, I worked on the qualifying part again, changing our filters to reduce the analog to digital converter rate from 2000Hz to 1000Hz. But after some tests, it seemed that it degraded too much the signal quality after algorithm. Eventually, we will keep the 2000Hz frequency.

 

For the next week, I hope I will end with this SD card driver and begin to work on folder management.

 

Stay tuned ! 😉

 

Benjamin for BreathUp

Makahiya – touch detection and automatic test

Hi everybody,
During this long week-end, I had time to work on the first lines of code of our project: the touch/slide detection algorithm. On Sunday, I recorded many data with different configuration in order to be able to test my code. To do the tests, I’ve chosen Criterion, which is a C unit testing framework, well documented and easy to use. The more I use automatic tests the more I like them: it’s so nice to have the opportunity to quickly check that what you’ve just done has not broken hours of work. And if something has been broken, you can fix it immediately. So I’m happy to have found time to learn how to use Criterion. For now, the algorithm is able to detect the touches and the slides on the records I’ve given to it. As Tanguy said, he suggested me another solution to detect slides and touches which visually seems efficient. I’ll integrate it in the code as soon as possible (I hope tomorrow) in order to see if it’s really as efficient as it looks like.

Today, with Samuel’s help, I set up a continuous integration tool on gitlab (it’s called Docker). Combining this tool and Criterion, the tests are now run automatically at each pull on gitlab. This is a good starting point for future clean developments of code.

As Tanguy said, we hoped we could test the optic fiber today but unfortunately, they were not there… We now hope to test it on Friday. In fact no, not in Friday. Because we’re almost certain that on Friday will occur a special event well known by all those who’ve followed the ROSE lessons: the challenge (called communication challenge in the previous years). Indeed, our lab code must work before Friday 07:00 am and we are strongly encouraged to look at our laptops starting from 07:30 am… So on Friday, it’s very likely that we won’t have time to test the optic fiber. So we’ll do it after, as soon as possible.

For the end of this week, I will continue to work on the detection algorithm and if possible we’ll do some tests with the optic fiber in order to definitely choose the LEDs and terminate the electrical schematic of our project.

BreathUp, I’m alive!

For today the group was supposed to validate the ADC choice for the EMG, and succeed in using the algorithm given by the startup we are working with. Unfortunately it will not be done for tonight.

However like I said in my previous post, step by step we are going forward! With Benoit and with the help of Laurent we had seen that 50Hz noise was there every time, even on a signal of a wave generator (idea of our instructors). At this moment I knew what the main issue was: The only fact to plug our acquisition card on the 50Hz is killing the EMG signal. Even worth, when the computer is no longer working on the battery, the noise is going throw the usb cable. It’s mean none thing: my working time is as long as my battery charge :). (By the way, my hearth is working very well, I am alive!) Then we start to reduce the number of electrodes, it was working quite well, until the moment the battery of my computer was over.

What’s more the algorithm given by I-respi is not as operational as they pretended. Benjamin and Xavier improved it, but not enough. Like Benoit and me, they should finish it by the next two days, and test it on the acquisition we will have done.

The main goal for now it is having the result we hoped for today with the ADC in the next two days. Hopefully I think the next thing we had planned, should not be impacted al lot (like the components choice and the drawing pcb, which is by the way something we had just done in class by Friday)

See you on Wednesday, and I hope I’ll give you great news!