Categories

BreathUp, Bluetooth interfacing and Post Request

Good Evening!

During this end of the week, I spent my time to interface the Bluetooth Application with the code which made by Alexandre in order to connect the smartphone to the Bluetooth unit and do long exchanges. After some problems and tests, the two devices are interfacing.

Since yesterday, Xavier has changed the encryption’s algorithm and the server request. I have began to switch the two Get requests to Put requests, but I will finish that next week.

Before the interfacing of the Bluetooth, I spent few times on the IMU driver to understand how the I2C communication works .

Have a nice week,

Benoît

BreathUp, Some advancements

Good-Evening,

Since Sunday, I have made some progresses about the Android Application. Indeed, after spent lots of time to understand why the application could not discover remote devices with smartphones which used Marshmallow version and later. The problem was, in addition to the permissions about Bluetooth, to use Bluetooth connexion, I had to add the “Access Coarse Location” permission.

After that issue was solved, I progressed step by step to make a connexion between two devices. I began to set up a communication between a client which used the Android application and another device which used native Bluetooth Service.

However, that not allow me to manage data which was exchanged by the devices. Therefore, I implemented a Bluetooth server in order to watch if the client received data from the server and if it could send data. Now, the server accepts a connexion but my implementation to send and receive data does not work. I need to review how Inputstream and OutputStrean work. ( I am going to do this evening).

I think, during the next part of the week, I could finish with the Bluetooth and begin to send request to the server which made by Xavier. (If I will not be blocked by an other problem 🙂 ).

Have a good week.

Benoît for BreathUp.

SwARM ing in the ocean of components

Hi everyone,

We are exploring several solutions to locate the robots on the dance floor :

  • camera filming and real time object tracking with openCV
  • relative location with 3 modules at 3 corners of the dance floor : each robot would have a Decawave chip
  • the two solutions combined

Of course, if the solution is expensive it could limit our number of robots.

We discussed about communication between the robots and the main server, we found chips regrouping radio and location solutions and we almost decided to use a nRF24L01+ from Nordic mainly because of the costs.
About the MCU we thought about taking the STM32F030K6T6TR

We also discuss with Sam and Alexis about all our first choices for the battery, the motors… we are moving forward 🙂 but we still have work, we want to maintain the cost low to produce as many robots as we can.

That’s all for this week. We hope to finish this part before the end of the week.
Good Night

Perceval