Categories

SwARM: can’t stop

Hi guys,

I did what I had to do, I “finished” the schematics in order to begin placing and routing by the end of the week, but we still keep making changes in the way we want our components to be connected with the MCU, so it is not finished. I am still quite happy with what I did and I think I start to like ExpeditionPCB, I just couldn’t stop working with it this weekend 🙂 Maybe it’s because it’s a cool software or maybe it’s because I haven’t begun the placing/routing work that could be way more boring 🙂

By Sunday I will correct some things on the schematics and add new connectors to the board because we want to be able to talk with the robots over USB.

Concerning the code for the DWM1000 I don’t think that any progress was made, the teachers can keep us quite busy and it is hard to cope with everything.

Paul

BreathUp, in search of EMG.

In this end of week, the result of our work is not so impressive compare to what we said in the previous post. Let start with the goal I settled in the last post. The first point was: “reduce the number of electrodes from 4 to 3” and the second was: “get an EMG”. On the first point, I study with our teacher Alexis the usefulness of the RLD electrode (which is right leg driven electrode). After a while we deduce that we couldn’t afford to use the system without RLD. Concerning the usefulness of the three other electrodes I will see it directly with Laurent, when I will try to get a true EMG with him on Wednesday (if he can come). To conclude I would say that my goal for Wednesday are quite the same they were for today.

Concerning the other guys of the group, Benoit and Xavier have done a pretty nice work on the PCB and the components. We almost finish it, I have just to do a small test on the acquisition card, to see if they can simplify a little the PCB.

About the algorithm, compare to the acquisition, it is quite the same problem. It seems normal because both are linked. This is the reason why, Benjamin will try to improve it on Wednesday.

I hope Laurent will come on Wednesday.

New rhythm for posts

So from now we have to post before every Wednesday and before every Sunday.

Unfortunally this week we’ve done nothing for the project SwARM beacause we have a lot of work in SE302 : we have to finish 2 TP : one for today and the other for Wednesday. So I think this week will be not very productive toward ROSE. It’s a bit sad but that’s life. I hope we will be able to work on SwARM juste after the TPs end 🙂

Also we learned how to use ExpeditionPCB. For the next period we want to test the LEDs band with a raspberry pi’s gpios.