Categories

BreathUp half-week 17!

Hi!

This beginning was quite unproductive… We did a lot of acquisitions on Monday morning as we were with Laurent. We succeeded in finding good settings for the ADS1298 but with mixed results. There were a lot of reasons: first there weren’t any EMG information before Monday but now the EMG is hidden behind ECG and artefacts. I modified our filtering part to eliminate these artefacts.

As I wasn’t sure about what I did and about what I was tryiing to eliminate, I asked one of signal processing teachers of Telecom. The artefacts are due to electric problems, with Alexandre and Xavier, we knew it but we are note sure about the reason : we think this is due to a lake of electric supply.

We will keep investigating on it while trying to upgrade our acquisition and qualification.

Stay tuned !

Benjamin 😉

BreathUp week 15 !

Alo !

Such important improvements this week, I resolved my writing problem ! In fact there were not any problems at all, I was writing but It just took so much time… So I decided to reduce the number of writing and increase the length of what was writing. It speeded up the task from 10 minutes down to 30 seconds.

Thus, I ended with implementing the filters on our PCB, it worked fine ! I tested it and compared with what we obtained on the computer: exactly the same. I didn’t try to determine filters speed, but it was enough faster to appear immediate. But this tests need to be perform so I will try to do it during the next ultimate week.

After that,  I decided to integrate the whole code and with Xavier, we realized that both LoRa and SD card couldn’t work at the same time, we supposed that it was because of some DMA’s channel… So that Xavier and Samuel wrote a new SPI driver without DMA and now LoRa and SD card can both worked together again !

I also integrated, with Xavier, his job on qualification, we tested it and we had the same results as on the computer too.

Eventually, I worked with Xavier to weld our electrode connectors and we helped Alexandre to merge his work on the ADC with what we have done recently. We performed some tests: we are able to read the ADC output but we can’t read as fast as the ADC write and also, we don’t manage well the data. We always read zeros.. So we have one week to deal with that and to fix some details: it seems that the project will be done soon!

Stay tuned during the last week !
Benjamin for BreathUp 😉

BreathUp: I2C, IMU, LoRa, Qualification, Cipher

Hi,

During the end of the week I worked mainly on the IMU. It uses I2C, and I had never worked on it. Therefore I first needed to make myself familiar to this protocol. And this is done.

Then I had to send correct requests from the MCU, and this is also done and checked with a logic analyzer.

But the final part, is to receive correct responses from the IMU. And this is still not the case and I still don’t know why and will therefore investigate on it during the beginning of the week.

I also implemented on our PCB the LoRa driver (not tested since we don’t have a LoRa chip for the moment), the qualification and the cipher part that had been prepared.

Eventually during the next week I will work on the IMU and on the LoRa.

Have a nice week,

Xavier Chapron

BreathUp: Website and Qualification

Hi,

During this week, I worked, as planned, on the website and on the qualification.

Concerning the website, I create some more views and bootstrap them. Therefore it’s not just an API anymore, one can administrate and visualize the status of every devices with just a few clicks on their browser.

Regarding the signal’s qualification, I had implemented last week a first draft of algorithms to localize and count the breathing cycles and heart beats. I improved and cleaned them a lot. One of the major improvement is that they now run on the fly.

In order to test theses algorithms, I wrote some Pythons scripts that plot on figures the original ECG and EMG with the detections and they clearly match.

I’ve therefore wrote an email to our partners to inform them of our progress and to ask them what data do they really want to see in real time on the website and that we should therefore acquire and send via Bluetooth or LoRa.

Eventually, as we will only be able to work on the PCB at the beginning of year, I will spend some time on how LMIC uses AES.

I wish you a merry Christmas.

Xavier Chapron

BreathUp: qualification and tests

Hi!

Contrary to what I said in my last post, I didn’t work on AES during the end of the week.

First, I worked on the qualification of the breathing and heart signals. Because after having them filtered, we need to count the breathing cycles and heart beats. Therefore I created a C script that works pretty well with good signals. I still need to test it on our database, but as the majority of our datas were acquired with different configurations, this might not be as relevant as I want it to be.

Then I worked on the tests, and they are now running on each commit after they are pushed. Configuring the docker to create a postgresql database for our server wasn’t an easy thing to do but it has been done!

During the start of the week, I will continue my work on testing the qualification of the signals and I might work on the front end of the server.

Have a nice week,

Xavier Chapron