Categories

SwARMing in the ocean

Hi everyone,

this week end wasn’t very productive because I had a family meeting but I will work on the DWM1000 next week so we can start working on robots localisation.
I will try to make a communication betweens two modules thanks to raspberry pi.

Friday we figured out that the PSSC wasn’t very accurate and that we would have some impossibilities because of the delivery date of the PCBs.

We should have a new one for the beginning of the week. 🙂

That’s all folks.

“Let there be light !”

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.” Genesis 1, verse

LED and balloon

Friday I managed to light up some LEDs from a LED strip controlled by SPI : APA102 bande LED RBG 5V
The code is avaible on Github on the branch “pretest”
I ran the code on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian.
I tested it with some coloured air balloon (red, blue and yellow) to see what the result will be but there were a lot of ambient light back in a406. Arnaud managed to find white balloons and try them at Télécom Robotics’ local. This very good because it’s beautiful and the light is diffused very well. Alexis gave me some diffuser paper that I paste on the LEDs strip and it helped.

I was also very panicked Friday afternoon because GitHub was down (actually it was their DNS host) but everything is back to normal 🙂

I enrolled the team in Trello which is a very cool tool for project management. We use it as scrum table.

According the the PSSC, we have to finish the PCB next week. Unfortunately we don’t know yet which battery to choose because Alexis is very picky (especially towards no brands or not protected ones). Next week I will code a LED library to test them more efficiently. I want to start a choreography list for the robots.

that’s all folks 🙂

New rhythm for posts

So from now we have to post before every Wednesday and before every Sunday.

Unfortunally this week we’ve done nothing for the project SwARM beacause we have a lot of work in SE302 : we have to finish 2 TP : one for today and the other for Wednesday. So I think this week will be not very productive toward ROSE. It’s a bit sad but that’s life. I hope we will be able to work on SwARM juste after the TPs end 🙂

Also we learned how to use ExpeditionPCB. For the next period we want to test the LEDs band with a raspberry pi’s gpios.