Categories

BreathUp half-week 15 !

God kveld !

During the beginning of the week I was supposed to work on the filtering integration with sd card and with the qualifying part on our board.

But on monday, I realized that I wasn’t able to write correctly on the card. Having some issues with buffers, eventually, it was a problem of variable allocation that was on the stack and not on the heap. I’m still a little bit confused about the reason which isn’t really clear ! But it’s working, so I cleaned a lot my sd code and made the interface with the filtering part. I tested it but I faced new problems, indeed, I succeeded in writing the first 5800 filtering results but after that it seemed it bugged, yet, I didn’t catch any error and when I stopped the running session, the processors was in the idle thread like if there wasn’t any problems…

So I’m still working on it !

Stay tuned!

 

benjamin for BreathUp 😉

BreathUp week 14 !

Moro !

This week, I keep working on the SD card and the file system (FatFS) and it ran quite well on the stm32E407 so on Friday, I decided to switch on our own board.
Unfortunately after integrated my code, I had the same problem with the SD card as on the STM32P407 board, that is to say, I wasn’t able to communicate with the card… Eventually, after comparing our board and E407 board, I find that our schematic wasn’t the same concerning the SD card. That is to say, on the E407, there are some hardware pull up on the SDIO ports that we didn’t have on our board, so I had to activate the interne pull up and after that it all worked fine !

So now, I’m integrating all our stuff on the filtering chain: that is to say the filtering and the qualifying parts ! I made some progress but I still didn’t test it yet. So this is what I must do until the end of the half-week.

Stay tuned !

 

Benjamin

BreathUp half-week 14!

Magandang gabi!

Eventually, I found how to implement the SDC driver ! In reality, I didn’t find where was the problem with my stm32fP407 board, but with quite the same code on the stm32E407, it worked.. I succeeded in writing on the card, reading and I compared what I wrote and what I read ! If I have some more time after the project, I will try to figure out what’s the problem with the stm32P407.
Now, up to the end of the week, I will implement the folder management (FatFS) !

Stay tuned !

Benjamin for BreathUp !

BreathUp week 13!

Hallo !

During the end of the week, I keep working on the SD card driver. It still doesn’t work but I made some progress! In fact, my sd card is recognized as an MMC one so that, the connection isn’t possible. I do not know why I have this behaviour… During a long time, I thought it was because of my SDIO initialisation but after checking it like 10 times, I’m quite convinced it’s right.

Afterwards, we met other problems with our PCB indeed, when we tried to flash for the first time our board, the outer oscillator didn’t start up… which is really problematical because without it we can’t use our usb to debug… But we will try to find another way !

Finally, on Friday, I worked on the qualifying part again, changing our filters to reduce the analog to digital converter rate from 2000Hz to 1000Hz. But after some tests, it seemed that it degraded too much the signal quality after algorithm. Eventually, we will keep the 2000Hz frequency.

 

For the next week, I hope I will end with this SD card driver and begin to work on folder management.

 

Stay tuned ! 😉

 

Benjamin for BreathUp

BreathUp week 13!

Buenas Noches !

We are back at school up to the end of january ! We had the honour to receive our PCB today but also the disappointment that they are not working ! Indeed, after some soldered joints, one of our PCB, when my mate tried its, overheated and it may be unusuable anymore. But they find the problem, it seems to be due to some errors of imprint that can be repaired on others !

Concerning my work, I’m a little bit stucked on ChibiOS SD card driver (SDC), indeed, when I’m trying to connect my SD card from my evaluation board, the connection failed… After a long moment of seeking, I found out that I may have an error in my board.h. I modified it taking into account one of ChibiOS example, but I still got the same result. I will work on it again and try to figure out what happens.

 

Stay tuned and I almost forgot, Happy New Year !

Benjamin 😉

BreathUp half-week 12!

Ni hao !

As expected, I ended with the C implementation of our algorithms. I suceeded in reducing our filters orders from five hundred to forty and also to convert its into infinite impulse response filters. It works fine !

Now I must implement the classification part. But, first, we want to know the battery life time with our algorithms so I’m first working on the SD driver and the folder management of ChibiOS. Indeed, as we don’t have our PCB and the ADC yet, we have to put our database on a SD card in order to test the filters on it!

I’m not sure to have enough time to work on it before the return from holidays. So it’s certainly my last post before a long time, if someone reads me, I swear you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

Goodbye !

 

Benjamin