Following the suggestions of the teachers, we measured the maximum power consumption of the LEDs again. We may have misused the power generator the first time, or didn’t set the LEDs at full brightness. Anyway, under rigorous measurements, our first triangle of 133 LEDs uses 4.5A under 5V. This is at a blinding brightness, nevertheless this is a huge power if you have 20 triangles and we’re thinking about how to provide it.
After finishing the 3D visualization (though it’s not merged on master yet and one could argue it’s therefore not finished), I joined Hichem on his work with the MARG. We want it working ASAP, so we can be sure we’ll use this chip, and we can start designing the PCBs. We spent some time today debugging his code. We suspect the I2C timings are the reason why we couldn’t get an acknowledge from the MARG, and we hope to solve it tomorrow.