On Monday, I tried many new configurations. One of them was to make an ellipse that would improve the result when I put the box vertically. But I have one big issue: with the painting, the marbles have a lot of friction and I cannot even flip them with some old configurations that were working. So we may have to make a choice: keeping a hole in the wood bigger than the diameter of the marbles and we cannot put the box vertically or finding a new way to paint or a new way to keep the marbles in the box.
Now, I will try to make more configurations. I will try again the plastic part I used last week, because it may solve our problem of keeping the marbles in the box