Ready? Steady? Wait…

On Thursday and Friday, I continue to work on the H-bridge code for the test PCB and finally find a way to implement some timers that should stop the current in the coil.

I also have to go to Télécom to cut another box for testing so that we can even work with the closing of our school. However, we do not have the cable and a battery, so even if our code may work, we cannot make our tests. We hope we could take it at school this week.

Now, I will merge my code with Ilan and Zennedine and I will try to implement a watchdog too that will halt the coil even in debug mode.

Working on a pre-alpha v0.01 backbone

After finding a configuration that could do the job as discussed on the previous post, we needed to validate it.

To do so and as such, to decrease randomness and have the best repeatability possible, I started working on some kind of mount. After a little while I had a first version of this and did some measurement with the Hall sensor. I noticed that the positioning of the Hall sensor was unpractical as it was free to move.

That’s why I did some laser cutting and cut a hole to fit the breadboard in it in a wooden plank, just under the coils.… Read more