Last Friday, I tried to improve the design of our box because we want it to be functional vertically. With a spacing of 8mm between the plastic plank and the wooden plank, I manage to have some result. But before having this result, I burnt the coil I was using, by energizing the power supply too much with an old configuration. So this coil increases its current consumption, and I need to test again with another coil.
I also tried to use an element made by the person in charge of the fablab, but the marble cannot flip in it, because it needs to have the possibility to move, it cannot just flip around its axis of rotation.… Read more
Wednesday I worked on trying to have all our marbles with roughly the same magnetic field, something around 20-40 arbitrary unit (as measured by the sensor).
After slightly changing the mount so I could have the marbles on a fixed point, I went on and measured the magnetic field of all our marbles. Because our marbles were heated with different processes we had a wide range of values.
With this montage, I sorted the marbles going from 20-40, 40-60 and so on to 100-120 a.u.… Read more
Last time, I wrote on this logbook, we were happy, we find a way to control our marbles without a side effect. But we did not think about one thing. With two marbles, our assembly plan works, however, with 9 marbles, it does not.
On Friday, after this discovery, I was thinking about this problem in my car: We need to keep the marbles near the metal because, without this, they will affect each other. On the other hand, we need to keep them far from the coils since we need to have some distance to make them flip.… Read more