Fresh paint

On Monday, I tried many new configurations. One of them was to make an ellipse that would improve the result when I put the box vertically. But I have one big issue: with the painting, the marbles have a lot of friction and I cannot even flip them with some old configurations that were working. So we may have to make a choice: keeping a hole in the wood bigger than the diameter of the marbles and we cannot put the box vertically or finding a new way to paint or a new way to keep the marbles in the box.… Read more

Working on a pre-alpha v0.01 backbone

After finding a configuration that could do the job as discussed on the previous post, we needed to validate it.

To do so and as such, to decrease randomness and have the best repeatability possible, I started working on some kind of mount. After a little while I had a first version of this and did some measurement with the Hall sensor. I noticed that the positioning of the Hall sensor was unpractical as it was free to move.

That’s why I did some laser cutting and cut a hole to fit the breadboard in it in a wooden plank, just under the coils.… Read more