ToC of posts
- Become the sender !
- PCB: Last step (until we found an error)
- PCB: Step 3
- PCB: step 2
- PCB: step by step
- Ready for a test of PCB?
- 4x4 is to easy, let's have a look at 16x16
- PCB and Scheme
- Let's push it !
- Catchin' up with the posts
- The clearer, the better.
- E pur si muove !
- Fresh paint
- New discoveries
- Let's go all the way !
- It's summertime for our marbles (more like Venus' summertime)
- More boxes and problems
- Because we want animations too
- More tests on coils
- Working on a pre-alpha v0.01 backbone
- Some tests before the prototype: Let's PCB
- Can't you hear my protocol byte so
- And if you still don't succeed, try and try again
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try again
- I swear I could connect
- We keep feeling it
- Cause every time they flip, I get this feeling
- Can you feel it ? Yes we can !
- Marbles: "I can't let you go, I want you in my life"
- I have a coil. I have a current => I have a magnetic field ! Wait, do I ?
- Touch, ready for components tests !
- How To Touch together ? MQTT is here.
- Ah Qi, here we go again
- Architecture: "The more it's simple, the more it's simple"
- To Qi, or not to Qi, that is the question (that was actually)
- Going back and forth the H-Bridge
- Choosing our components: "We are dwarfs on the shoulders of giants"
Touch is an ambitious project which objective is to create a new kind of display device. Our goal is to have a wooden box with magnets on the top. Those magnets will have one color on each side and will be controlled thanks to coils. It will allow us to display 1 bit pixel art.
The main objective is that the user will never think of the technological aspect of the device and will mostly see the device as a magic box.
The first way to use a Touch will be to display images sent by a server. All the user will have to do is to connect the device to the WiFi. We also plan to do an offline mode during which the device will loop over the last images it received.
(colors are not fixed)
The second way to use the device will be to send images to a friend who also have a Touch. As of now, every boxes will have a unique identifier (drawn on the bottom left-hand end corner of the box). It will be a picture of a line of 32 blocks. To contact a friend all you will have to do is to touch the button on the side of the box, move the bottom line of your box to make it match your friend’s identifier, touch the button again and voila ! Every changes he will do on his Touch will appear on yours.
The third way will be to play a game with your friend. To do so, once your friend is connected to your device (like above), you will only have to touch your button and any changes made on any boxes will be done on the other too.
This project will be realeased under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.